UH Seidman Cancer Center is part of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and one of an elite group of 12 freestanding cancer center designated by the National Cancer Institute as a Comprehensive Cancer Centers nationwide. With some of the most advanced technology available, dedicated and skilled clinicians, and participation in hundreds of clinical trials, UH Seidman Cancer Center is a leading resource in the nation in the fight against cancer, and consistently ranks in the top 20 cancer centers in the country out of more than 5,000 hospitals, according to U.S. News & World Report.
University Hospitals is dedicated to curing cancer. With that in mind, UH opened a dedicated cancer hospital in 2011, on the campus of UH Case Medical Center. The UH Seidman Cancer Center allows us new opportunities to continue advancing health care for the community and for professionals all under one roof. Some of the facility’s features include:
· Patient- and family-centered design: including exercise rooms for inpatients, overnight accommodations for family members, work stations, natural lighting and patient education programs.
· 120-bed facility, with the ability to expand to 150 beds
· Clinical care areas organized to treat specific patient populations
· State-of-the-art technologies including the first PET/MRI in a cancer hospital in the world
· Smooth flow through outpatient areas and services
· Clustered physician clinical offices and patient treatment areas for appointment convenience
· Outpatient services, including physician clinical offices and patient treatment areas
· Access to the most innovative treatments, including over 300 clinical trials
· The Schneider Healing Garden, where patients and families can spend time outdoors to relax and a stress-reduced environment
· The world famous Wolfgang Puck Café
· Teaching and conference facilities to support community involvement
Join the UH Seidman Cancer Center Team in curing cancer everyday!
To maintain the nursing staff in all areas as well as to deliver safe efficient age specific nursing care to patient/families. Essential duties include:
1. Direct patient care/ assessment/Relationship Based Care
2. Maintains records
3. Staff education/staff development
4. Discharge planning, community resource referrals and education
5. Customer service
6. Committee and Community involvement
7. Scheduling staff to maximize coverage within budget resources
8. Initiates and maintains positive relationships with patients/customers and co-workers.
9. Takes responsibility for self-development and supports a learning environment.
10. Displays commitment to the mission of the hospital and its values.
Position Requirements:Meets qualification of ACN with (3-5 years experience) progressive clinical and management experience in nursing. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills both written and verbal, as well as, exhibiting strong organizational skills and work ethic. Demonstrates a professional demeanor when responding to patients/customers.
Education Requirements:Bachelor Science in Nursing from accredited program required by December 31, 2015.
License Requirements:Registered Nurse with current license to practice in the State of Ohio. Certification within 1 year.
Preferred Qualifications:Certification in Specialty preferred O.C.N, BMT/Medical Oncology experience
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled